Monday 22 June 2020

Monday

Hi,

So - not posted for a few days again - and I haven't kept up to date with the coronavirus figures.  I think I have been trying to avoid it all because I'm fed up of hearing about it - and the people dying all the time!  However today is a special day with only 15 people dying int he UK - obviously still 15 people too many, but the reduction is amazing...

The lock-down is easing too - more shops have opened, and there are further plans to ease up....not long until pubs and restaurants can open again - with strict rules however....

so last week I was in work everyday working in the DIT team - interviewing everyday - it was tiring!  It was also good being busy and being reminded of what I used to do.  Was glad when it was over however!  

The weekend was very lazy - and also fathers day!  Adam didn't send anything at all and nothing arrived from Connor either - although he reckons he sent something that was going to be late - it didn't turn up today (Monday) so I reckon he must have sorted something online on Sunday! lol.  Lissa was a star as usual - something turned up for Andy about a week ago - and he got a card too.  All I could think about was my dad however....and I did get upset a few times throughout the day.  I miss him.  I still can't get over how unfair it all was....I still focus sometimes on him being mostly alone and the realisation he must have had at some point that he was not going to survive...and lots of other negative things like that.

So - today I was supposed to have a day working from home - but when we had our Skype meeting my boss asked me to come in to help on a case.  So I got ready and went in and worked all day on a production order.  I quite enjoyed it actually - didn't mind being in the office at all.  Tomorrow I am wfh - then I am in on Wednesday....then I have Thursday/Friday off - but am working at the weekend!

So - a week today me and Andy will be grandparents to 3 grandchildren!!  Erika is going in for a planned c-section!  I'm nervous that everything will be okay - but I'm sure it'll all be good!  Can't imagine Adam being a dad to twins!  

Connor and Emily should be next - hopefully they won't leave it too long!  I'm sure they will all make great parents - as they have obviously had good role models!!




No comments:

Post a Comment