Tuesday 22 September 2020

19 Sept 2020

 

19 Sept 2020

So, I know I haven’t been too happy in some of my last posts.  Nothing has changed lol.  That’s not true to be honest – I have been trying to get myself into a better place.  I have started working on the house again on my days off work, and that makes me feel a bit more productive. 

Me and Andy have been doing the Keto diet for about 8 weeks – and I lost 1 stone – until we had a weekend off and I put 4 lb on in 2 days! 

I applied for a job with the fraud team, which would mean I enjoy the work more, won’t get sent out at the drop of a hat when a case comes in, no shift work and mostly working from home – and I got the job!!  Have to wait a couple of months though because it is a new team and they are recruiting a new supervisor – but it can’t come soon enough!!

Andy still has not found a new job – he is still working (or not really working) his notice period, but it is very worrying and we both try not to let it get to us – but it does sometimes! 

Since I last wrote on here, Andy has had his 50th Birthday!  I got him a Steve Vai guitar and other bits and bobs.  We did an Escape Room with Helen and Paul which was really good fun and we escaped in 52 minutes! Lol.  We went for a meal in Exeter – we went to the Cozy Club – and I had AN AWESOME burger – with actual bread! Lol.  This was the weekend that we both broke the keto diet (and I put on 4lb and Andy put on 7lb). 

When we got back home Adam, Erika and the twins had just arrived, Connor followed and Lissa came the next day (on the Saturday).  We were supposed to take it easy on the Friday night – because more of a party was planned for the Saturday – but we still drank too much and went to bed late! 

Saturday – Lissa turned up – and we put some 50th decorations on the walls – the kids had got him £30 worth of scratch cards for his birthday and he won £47 lol.  Would have preferred £300,000!!  Helen, Paul, Eloise and Zack also came – and we all had a really good time!  Played pool, and a drinking game Paul and Zack had put together – bit difficult to remember now what was so fun about it cos I don’t remember the details, but I remember laughing a lot!

The next day, on the Sunday, Lissa and Connor had to leave, and Adam (and fam) stayed another night.  We all had a pretty lazy day and I was knackered! I went for an afternoon kip cos I really wanted to be able to stay up for the NFL – it was the first games for our teams! We continued our non-keto eating and had amazing nachos and cheese sauce!!  Both of our teams won!! Yay!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment