Tuesday 3 May 2022

I'm Free!!!

 

Hi,

So since last time, I handed in my notice and finished work - my last day was Friday! I was told I'd have to go into the office once a week - at first I thought it was going to be everyday which is what started the conversation about me leaving...then I found out it was just one day but we had already spoken about me leaving and going back to working on the house and being more organised with keeping on top of cleaning, cooking etc.  It is not like cleaning a normal house - we could do with a house keeper really.  So - I took the plunge and...well....left!  I did feel bad leaving, because I did enjoy the job and the people, and I was invested in my cases, but he pull to leave was stronger....  Claire my boss came around on Friday - had a look around the house and then we finished up work stuff - she brought me gifts too! Flowers, chocolates, earrings and a £25 B&Q voucher lol - will definitely come in handy!

So - we have just had a bank holiday weekend - and today is the first day that I would normally have been in work :-) So....today I got up and put washing on and tidied the kitchen, then I started sanding another section of the games room floor - and went on to paint the base coat and 2 top coats.  I also made a curry for tea, changed Andy's bed and did more washing! So I feel my first day went well!  Living the dream again!

OH! Erika had the baby!!  6lb 9oz - River Roy Andrew - so touched and think that it is amazing that they names him after my Dad and Andy!! So much so, that I can forgive them for not using Sam (again!) lol, but Lissa is having another baby (due in December) so the name Sam has another chance!! lol.


Chubsy face!!

Not sure when I am going to visit - but hopefully soon!!!

So...we have ordered a workshop - to go into the bottom of the garden - 20ft x 12ft - so a substantial size - so excited about that! We can get all of the tools out of the house - they are everywhere! and I can properly set up everything like my mitre saw and circular saw - and hopefully new stuff - and then start making things - like cabinets in the back porch, a fire surround, shelves in the bathroom cupboard, panelling in the upstairs loo - and I want to upcycle stuff.  I've also signed up for an upholstery course, and I've had my sewing machine out and made a cushion with piping and a zip - and a box cushion (I want to make seat cushions to go into the window seats that we have!

In other news Andy started his new job with IBM today!

Helen & Paul have covid!!  Helen got it first and is apparently really ill....I am a little worried but she is vaccinated.  Its not like it was 2 years ago....but I really feel bad for her - she says that she is really ill - flu symptoms and dry retching! Paul has only just got it so not sure how he is going to be - poor Eloise - she is bound to catch it!!

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment